Principles of Effective Prayer 5
Principles of Effective Prayer 5
Purpose: To teach Believers Biblical Principles of Prayer and the fundamentals that guarantee answers to prayer.
What is Prayer:
Prayer is a heart to heart communication with God based on His Written Word or an inspired promise based on His Written Word. See Genesis 32:9-12
Prayer is the verbal expression of our heart’s desires based on God’s promise to meet that particular need. See Jeremiah 29:11-12
Prayer is giving voice to the desires of our heart in the language of God and being confident that we will get what we expect. See 1 John 5:14-15
E) The Law of Faith. See Romans 3:27.
Faith is confident expectation based on God’s Word. See Romans 4:17-18; 10:17; Hebrews 11:1. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Faith grows with knowledge because faith begins when the will of God is known. You cannot expect what has not been promised.
Romans 4:18 KJV
Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
Proverbs 24:14 KJV
So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul:
when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward,
and thy expectation shall not be cut off.
To get answers to prayer, it is important we know who we are talking to and His ability to grant answers to our prayers and the deepest longings of our heart. This is one thing that the Old Testament and New Testament saints knew that made them confident in prayer.
2 Timothy 1:12 KJV
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
The more you know God personally and intimately, the more your faith and confidence in God grows. Faith in God is important when we pray. Praying without faith is meaningless.
Matthew 21:21-22 KJV
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Faith is non negotiable in the School of Prayer. God demands faith because it is the currency of the economy of heaven. Faith puts no limits on God and God puts no limits on faith. It is by Faith we are saved, healed, delivered, preserved and kept until Jesus comes.
Hebrews 11:6 KJV
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
— If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
God has the integrity and the ability to make good on His promises. He demands we ask in faith. To get answers from God to our prayers and requests we need to cultivate strong, virile and functional faith. The next question is how do I develop strong functional faith?
- Get The Knowledge of God’s Word. Get to know the promises of God concerning what you desire from Him. See Romans 10:17; 4:18. Faith is Word based confidence. 2 Corinthians 1:19-20.
- Get The knowledge of the Faithfulness of God. To be faithful is to be dependable, reliable and trustworthy. Hebrews 10:23; 11:11. Knowing that God is faithful boosts our faith. Faith is confident rest in the faithfulness of God.
- Get The knowledge of the integrity of God’s Word. The Bible says, “God cannot lie.” The Scriptures declare, “It is impossible for God to lie.” Faith is acting as though the Word of God is true. It is believing that the Word of God is true and acting upon it. Faith is taking the Word of God at face value. Simply put, Faith is taking God at His Word. Numbers 23:19-20; Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:17-19.
- Get The knowledge of God’s ability to perform His Power. God can do what He said. He has limitless Power. Matthew 19:26; Mark 10:27; Luke 1:37; 18:27; Genesis 18:14; Jeremiah 32:17,27.
- Get The knowledge of God’s Love and His willingness to meet our needs. Faith flourishes when we know God loves us. See 1 John 4:16-18; Romans 8:31-32; James 1:5.
Romans 8:31-32 NLT
What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?
James 1:5 NLT
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.
James 1:5 AMPC
If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask ofthe giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.
2 Corinthians 1:20 KJV
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
Jeremiah 33:3 KJV
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Please follow through with the truths outlined above then ask in faith and watch God deliver on His promises. You will testify in Jesus Name, Amen.
Suggested Messages by DWF:
- Guarantees of Answered Prayer
- The Role of Prayer in destiny fulfillment
- The Power of a United Church
- The Authority of a Believer