The Spiritual Dimension of Fatherhood:
Text: Ephesians 3:14-15 NKJV, AMPC
- A male parent, one who has begotten a child. Proverbs 4:3; Genesis 5:1-3
- Prototype. Ephesians 3:14-15; 5:1
- Source: Isaiah 51:1-2 (A chip of the old man); John 8:44
- A male figure in authority. See 1 Samuel 10:9-13; Corinthians 4:14-17;
- An old man. See 1 Timothy 5:1
- A Priest
- A male guardian.
- A Pioneer in any field of endeavor. See Genesis 4:20-21
- The leading men of a city or society
- Forefather; Founding Father. See Exodus 3:6;
Fatherhood means the following:
- The state of being a father
- The attributes or qualities of a mature male or a man
A Father is called to be a Priest, a Prophet and a King; that is to Guide, Guard and Govern; Direct, Correct, Protect.
Who is a Priest?
- One authorized to perform sacred rites in a ceremony. See Genesis 12:7-8; 13:18; 26:23-25; 28:18-20
- A teacher of the Word. See Deuteronomy 6:6-9; 11:18-21; Malachi 2:4-7; Proverbs 4:1-4;10-11
- An intercessor. Genesis 17:18-20; Luke 18:1; 1 Timothy 2:8; Luke 22:31-32
- Model. 1 Corinthians 4:14-17; Philippians 4:9; Titus 2:6-8; 1 Corinthians 11:1.
Who is a Prophet?
A Prophet is a Divine Spokesman. He is God’s mouthpiece. He hears from God for the people.
A Father is a Prophet. See Genesis 6:13-22 15:1-21; 17:15-21; 49:1; Matthew 2:13-15; 2:19-23; Luke 1:13-16; 2:67,76-79
A Prophet blesses the people. Bless your children with your words. Genesis 27:33; 49:1
Who is a King?
- A king is someone that occupies a preeminent position
- A king directs and governs the affairs of the people under his authority. See Matthew 6:9-10; Genesis 18:19; Judges 13:12; Isaiah 33:22
- The king Fights for the protection of his people. Nehemiah 4:13-14; Genesis 14:21; Acts 20:28
- The King is a Provider. Matthew 6:11-13