Principles of Sowing and Reaping
A Principle is a Universal Law. See Romans 3:27; Mark 11:23
A Principle is a fundamental truth. It is a foundational truth. See Acts 10:34-35; Job 34:19
A Principle explains how things work and why things happen the way they do.
- Giving is sowing. Giving is an investment. See Ecclesiastes 11:1-4; 11:6; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7; Philippians 4:15-17; Proverbs 19:17; Mark 10:29-30. See also 1 Timothy 6:17-19; Luke 12:32-34; Matthew 19:21; Luke 18:22; Proverbs 11:24-25 NIV
- There’s a blessing in giving. Giving activates the blessing. See Deuteronomy 15:10; Acts 20:35; Proverbs 22:9; Malachi 3:8-12; Ezekiel 44:30. The blessing makes your progress and your prosperity permanent. Proverbs 10:22
- Giving enlarges us. When we give God increases us. See Proverbs 11:24-25 NLT; Philippians 4:15-19
- You have to sow in order to reap. See Psalm 126:5-6; 2 Corinthians 9:6; Luke 6:37-38; Matthew 5:7
- You have to sow in faith and expectancy. See Hebrews 11:4; 11:17-19; Luke 6:38
- You have to give in love. Every act of generosity done in love attracts divine blessings. See 1 Corinthians 13:3; Matthew 5:23-24; Deuteronomy 15:7-10
- You have to give as the Scripture guides or demands. Giving is expected behavior. The Bible commands us to give. Do whatever the Bible says to do. See Proverbs 3:27-28; Malachi 3:10-12; Proverbs 3:9-10; Ezekiel 44:30; Romans 11:16
- You have to sow where God leads you to sow. The instructed seed releases generational blessings. When you give God what He demands, He will give you much more than you could ever wish for. See Genesis 22:1-18; 1 Kings 17:8-16
- Your giving or sowing affects your spiritual life. See Galatians 6:8 NIV; 1 Corinthians 16:17-18; 1 Kings 3:4-15; Genesis 46:1-4. Disobeying God in the money matters can affect your spiritual walk. Generosity is an indicator of spirituality. See James 1:27; 2:14-17.
- You reap what you sow. See Galatians 6:7; Luke 16:10-12; Ephesians 6:8; Colossians 3:23-25; 2 Corinthians 9:6
- You reap more than what you sow. There is a law at work in the earth called the law of Seedtime and Harvest. See Genesis 8:22; Judges 1:4-7; 2 Corinthians 9:6-8; Mark 10:29-30
- Your giving preserves your life and secures your future. See Proverbs 13:8; Psalm 41:1-3; Proverbs 28:27; Psalm 76:11-12; Psalm 50:14-15.