Grace Greetings in the Matchless Name of our Lord Jesus Christ by whom we have received the mandate to provide a template for revival to the peoples of this world.
As we enter into the new year and the grind of everyday life begins to set in, it is important that we consider how to keep the Word for the year in focus because of the greatest weapon of the enemy is distraction. There are many distractions that may begin to set in: The cares [worries about the concerns] of this life, the deceitfulness of riches and the pleasures of this life. These issues seek to consume your mind and choke the Word in your heart. They are satan’s ways of minimizing the impact of the Word in us.
Matthew 13:22 KJV
He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
Mark 4:19 KJV
And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
Luke 8:14 KJV
And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
Thrice we can see in the Scriptures that the Word received can become unfruitful or unproductive. To see God’s Word fulfilled in your life there are some strategic steps that one needs to take.
Understand the theme of the year.
Matthew 13:19 KJV
When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
In the kingdom of God, you cannot receive what you don’t understand. See 1 Corinthians 2:14. What you don’t understand, you lose. The enemy steals from the ignorant and those who lack understanding. To retain the Word in our heart, we need to do the following:
- Ask God for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of God. See Ephesians 1:17; Philippians 1:9-11; Colossians 1:9-11. Ask God for understanding. See Psalm 119:18,130.
- Keep hearing that Word again and again. See Romans 10:17; Galatians 3:2,5. Repetition decides belief. What you keep on hearing you will eventually believe. Get the message for the year and listen to it again and again until it saturates your heart and mind.
- Meditate on that Word. Without meditation on the Scriptures for the year, the Word will not soak your heart maximally. To meditate is to contemplate, think upon or roll over in your mind. See Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:2-3; 1 Timothy 4:14-15. According to Psalms 119:99, The Bible says, “I have better understanding and deeper insight than all my teachers, because Your testimonies are my meditation.” (AMPC) Ponder the Words again and again in your heart.
- Keep reminders around you about the theme of the year like the stickers. So that whenever you see them you are reminded that this is your year of DIVINE ADVANCEMENT.
The measure of understanding is what determines the measure of fruit or impact that the Word of God has on you.
Matthew 13:23 KJV
But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
Notice that the results or the fruit of the impact of the Word was varied based on the measure of understanding. Understanding is the key to getting the maximum impact of God’s Word. Please give the Word your undivided attention this year.
Mark 4:23-25 AMPC
If any man has ears to hear, let him be listening and let him perceive and comprehend.
And He said to them, Be careful what you are hearing. The measure[of thought and study] you give [tothe truth you hear] will be the measure[of virtue and knowledge] that comes back to you—and more [besides] will be given to you who hear.
For to him who has will more be given; and from him who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away [by force].
What are the evidences that you understand the Word:
- You believe it. See Hebrews 11:3a. Understanding is the anchor of faith. When we understand a truth, conviction is born.
- You speak it. See 2 Corinthians 4:13; Hebrews 13:5-6. We speak what we believe. Jesus said, “If you have faith you shall say.” See Matthew 17:20
- You become conscious of it. Whatever we are conscious of governs our behavior. If we have to start acting like God is going to show up and show off on our behalf then you truly believe. Expectation is a function of consciousness.
- You tell others about it. Keep telling everyone that this is your year of Divine Advancement. Proclamation precedes manifestation. Whatever we talk about we bring about. Whatever we talk about is what becomes manifested in our lives. See Numbers 14:28; Isaiah 57:19; Mark 11:22-23.
- The results will speak for itself. Wherever there’s understanding, there will be fruit. Understanding always brings results. Selah
Please go over the letter again for better understanding. The greater the understanding the greater results you will get from the Word. This is a time to ask God for greater understanding and He will give you such insight that will propel you into enviable levels of uncommon accomplishments. Shalom
Have a fruitful and fulfilling weekend characterized by grandeurs of grace, opportunities of increase and uncommon favors in Jesus Name, Amen.
In His Majesty’s Service,